Olive-Net is joining an international and multidisciplinary consortium in order to exploit diverse raw materials coming from the olive tree for the development of active ingredients
- Generate new extraction, enrichment, isolation and analysis protocols based on emerging novel technologies dedicated to olive bioactives
- Investigate the chemical transformation of olive bioactive compounds (such as oleocanthal and oleaceain) in order to improve their stability and pharmacological properties
- Investigate the pharmacological properties of olive bioactives in relation to inflammation and ageing
- Highlight emerging chemical entities from the Mediterranean olive products/by-products and broadening our knowledge on their beneficial health effects
- Development of new formulations of bioactive compounds and/or extracts for incorporation into pharmaceutical/nutraceutical/cosmeceutical products
- Address the demand of the consumers on natural solutions by formulating and testing new products based on plant chemical diversity.